Who doesn’t like a nice set of GUI for their web site? Especially when they are F-R-E-E? This post today exactly lists 40 free and useful GUI icon sets from hongkiat.com. Which set did you like the best? I liked the Pixel sets the best IMHO. Enjoy!
This is a MUST-have list for any CSS enthusiasts.
Yeah, it is pronounced like “fleer“. So what’s this facelifting thing? It’s a type of plastic surgery that makes you look like Michael Jackson (with respect to the King of Pop. R.I.P). But in the sense of web development, it is simply a technique with which you can use any type of font you want to use! Seems too obvious?
Though the web has been around for over 10 years and we’ve seen Flash and other so-called Rich User Interface, one thing has been bothering the web designers for a long time: using the exact font they want to use. FLIR solves this one pretty neatly by implementing PHP and it’s well-known GD library. There’s just two cons to using this procedure:
1) The texts are actually rendered as images. So it is not possible to copy those rendered texts (you can still copy them as images though).
2) GD library introduces some artifacts to the fonts so you can’t expect FLIR to render the true image of the font (pun intended).
You should also check out sIFR
Microsoft published a set of rules (not hard and fast rules though) so that people designers can design well and tested visual design patterns to improve their UI (User Interface). And since they are Microsoft and they want to be popular among the programmers and alike, they made the guideline absolutely free for download! Here’s the link:
Stuck with Login form designs? Worry no more since the designs below pack the best features with the best of designs.
You’ve designed your site but you’re having a little trouble turning your design PSD into a coded layout. Here I’ve listed 20+ Best Tutorials to convert Psd to Html/CSS.These tutorial should help you learn how to find the best way to code it.
- The Design Lab: PSD Conversion
- From PSD to HTML, Building a Set of Website Designs Step by Step
- Coding: Design Lab TV Styled Layout
- PSD to CSS/HTML in Easy Steps – Part 1
- Slice and Dice that PSD
- Converting a Photoshop Mockup: Part Two, Episode One
- Build a Sleek Portfolio Site from Scratch
- Portfolio Layout – Learn To Code It
- Converting a Design From PSD to HTML
- How to Convert a PSD to XHTML
- How to Convert PSd to Html
- Creating a CSS Layout from scratch
- PSD > HTML/CSS
- Encoding a Photoshop Mockup into XHTML & CSS
- CSS Template Tutorial
- Portfolio Layout 4: The Code
- Tutorial Coding a Layout
- Converting a Photoshop Mockup
- Killer site – From Illustrator to Xhtm to Drubal
- From PSD to HTML
- Coding a Car Sales Layout