June 3, 2009
I saw this site while I was in the hunt for creating a live AJAX page. That is, a page where it gets updated “asynchronously” by user data. The site has different workshops for AJAX applications and I found what I was looking for. Click here to see the tutorial.
Other than that, it lists many interesting tutorials including Max Kiesler’s collection of AJAX tutorials.
May 29, 2009
- jQuery pageSlide: jQuery pageSlide is a plugin for jQuery that slides the viewable webpage off-screen, revealing and populating a secondary interaction pane. It may be used in a similar manner to Lightbox, where screen real estate and centralization of the user experience are a concern.
- Create a simple ul list with a nice slide-out effect for li elements: We want to obtain this effect: when an user clicks on a link (”Hide”), the related
element disappear with a nice animated slide out effect. A simple way to implement an animated “disappear” effect using MooTools slideOut()
- Portfolio Layout Idea Using jQuery: Benjamin Sterling created an interesting portfolio layout and added a nice easing method to the main content panel using easeOutQuad and easeInQuad using jQuery easing plugin.
- Creating a Slick Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider: Niall Doherty’s Coda Slider inspired lot of designers and got them started quickly designing around it. Chris Coyier created a Slick Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider using Coda Slider plugin pretty much “out of the box” and added to it.
- Easy Image or Content Slider: Easy Slider enables images or any content to slide horizontally or vertically on click. It is configurable with css alone.
- mooSlide: mooSlide is nice replacement of the common “lightbox” module. It has some interesting options to influence the look and behaviour of the sliding box.
- jQuery.SerialScroll: jQuery.SerialScroll allows you to easily animate any series of elements, by sequentially scrolling them.
- Agile Carousel: Agile Carousel allows you to easily create a custom carousel.
- Sexy Lightbox 2: Sexy Lightbox 2 is a sexier and lighter clone of the classic Lightbox. Supports displaying images and HTML elements.
- UI.Layout: Was was inspired by the extJS border-layout. The UI.Layout plug-in can create any UI look you want – from simple headers or sidebars, to a complex application with toolbars, menus, help-panels, status bars, sub-forms, etc.
May 28, 2009
This is a Highly Recommended site with advanced jQuery codes to let your site compete with the Big Guys. Includes tutorials on making draggable/droppable contents, writing unobtrusive JS codes, multiple file upload, and last but not the least, creating Rounded Corners